Saturday, October 8, 2011

Toddler Therapy!

My today was wrapped around the two sweetest, smartest, funniest, mouthiest, meanest, most loving kids I know. We chit chatted all the way to Savoy on our way to see the Tiger. About Pesotum Jonah asks, "where is you house Ray Ray? Me no see it." I explained that my house was that way (if you could see my finger you would know that is north). He returns with, "Me house that way (pointing back slightly SE but mostly south.) long way that way!" Before that Kent, and the kids were making farm animal noises in the back seat. I asked the kids, "Are there mice on a farm? What sound does a mouse make?" Jonah was the first to reply with an I don't know. So I made the little squeaky sound and said that is what a mouse says. He then replies, ( Mickey mouse crawl on your windshield and you say EEK Ray!" I about died laughing as he referenced a conversation that we had a few months back. I thought to myself my little man is becoming a big boy. That sort of makes me sad and really makes me long for the days of baby time when he just wanted to snuggle. Then tonight he comes into my room and with tears welling in his eyes says, "can me call you me Mommy tonight?" I of course had to explain I was not his mommy but his Aunt. It just melted my heart though. Now that I have gone off on my tangent and started near tears in my own eyes let us get back to why i am here.  It is hard to count calories when you are engrossed in the activities of a child. I never get a full serving of anything because one child or the other needs a drink of my drink or a bite of my food. I don't mind but it sure makes it rough to know what I consumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment