Friday, October 7, 2011

Survival of the Richest!

Ok so yeah we are on a limited budget! We rob Peter to pay Paul 2 or 3 times a month, and let me tell you Mary is pissed cause she ain't been paid in ages. I hear the news media, politicians, celebrities, and celeb Doctors (Doctor OZ and his kind) talk about how there is an "Obesity Epidemic". Well no shit people the average american family doesn't make 600,000 dollars a year (I know I am low balling most of these people)! I want to know if they have really looked at a grocery store shelf. Do they know that those of us "common" folk must weigh the difference between price and nutrition?

As I was shopping for my food today I had the choice I could buy crackers that were made with white flour and all kinds of  additives or whole wheat crackers with less additives.
For the regular crackers I can have 16g(about 4 or 5 crackers) per serving for 80 calories and pay $1.99.
For the whole wheat crackers I can have 30g(about 24 crackers) per serving for 120 calories and pay $2.96.

Yep the better for me food is gonna cost me more.

Cheese; processed yuckiness a dollar and change, good yummy natural cheese three dollars and change.

Now I wonder why they think we have become an obese country? Could it be that the every day joe just can not afford to buy the food that is nutritious and delicious as well as pay his bills and for gas in order to make the commute to work?
This really frustrates me because I am trying to do good I am trying to make my life longer. Sometimes I feel like it really is survival of the richest. Like they are weeding us out in the best way they know how!

Survival of the Richest!

No comments:

Post a Comment