Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fat and Sassy!

Haha! "Fat and Sassy",  that is what my mom always says when people ask her how she is.  I have always found it funny. I was just thinking of it for some reason and I wanted to share. Most women hate to hear that they are like their mom including my mom, sister, and sometimes even myself. You know though I can think of many people who it would be a lot worse to be compared to.

I have never known Mom not to embrace what she is. I mean it sounds kind of crude but in a way "fat and sassy",  is very true. She has always been chunky I have never known her to be thin and she sure does not lack in the way of sass. She is an amazing women however; strong (sometimes to a fault), and loving (sometimes till it's overbearing), and boy does she have a work ethic.

This strong, loving, hard working mother of mine raised two girls who I would like to believe are good, loyal, loving, and honest women. We may not always be so strong or have her work ethic, but she taught us to be there for others, and to love till we had nothing left to give. For me my strength is when she is not around I have always been cool under pressure until I heard my mommy's voice then I could break. A few weeks ago there was a death in the family of a close friend and my mom went to be with them. She asked me (very confused) a week later why this woman whom she had never previously met turned to her for comfort. I had no problem with this explanation as she has always been my comfort. I told her how she just gives off an air of safety, she is the calm in the storm.

I do not know why I am writing this. Maybe it is more for mom and my soul than for the public eye but it is floating in the empty chasm between my ears and I want it to be out in the open where she or anyone else can read it. It is almost guaranteed that she does not know how I feel about her, that she doesn't really even have the slightest clue. She is my hero though, a woman who raised her little girl on her own with all the love any kid could ever need. I respect her, I admire her, and more than anything I love her. She is my light house, my way home, and my Fat and Sassy momma.  

No comments:

Post a Comment