Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treat?

So I sat outside Monday night and froze my butt off. I was tempted to turn some of the kids away. I mean there was seriously no attempt at a costume.  I just want to give an example of what costumes look like ( I also want to show off what I consider the most adorable cow poke ever).





Please parents of Rantoul take a page from the Jonah and Addyson costume book. 
I mean seriously when I was a kid picking out your costume was an exciting thing! My mom did not buy into the expensive store bought costumes very often but I never remember going trick or treating in my plain clothes. One year she used food coloring and tinted Crisco purple painted my face and put a black trash bag over my body. TADA! I was a California rasin! One year she found this yellow cat costume at a rummage sale and it fit me (I was none too excited) but it did not have the head so she painted my face yellow and left my hair down all day (if you do not understand, this means that I had a huge fro). By trick or treat time I was a lion with a huge mane. She was imaginative, some times a bit frugal, but always cared how cute we were even if she did not have the money to buy a costume. Thanks Mom for caring enough to make sure we never went with out anything, and for not letting us ever feel left out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment